Equivalent ISEE: meaning and purposes

The “ISEE” is used to assess the Household Income (combined family members income and estate), when social benefits are requested in Italy.

If you are not eligible for the calculation of “ISEE università” value you have to  apply for ISEE equivalent value (“ISEE parificato”) in order to access to services and benefits.

You should request an ISEE equivalent (“ISEE parificato”), if you are:

  • a person resident abroad
  • a person resident in Italy and you are not financially independent from your family resident abroad.

The “Equivalent ISEE” value is in Euros.

The "ISEE parificato" is required for the same services for which the university ISEE is required:

  • to get a tuition fees reduction based on your famuly income
  • to apply for a scholarship and accommodation at the Opera Universitaria of Trento.

If you have applied for admission to a study program for non-EU students, you do not have to request the Equivalent ISEE, as you fall under a different taxation system.