Temporary suspension of studies

You can temporarily suspend your university career for

Reasons for the temporary suspension  Suspension Period Documents
Enrollment in a different University abroad or in a italian military accademy at least one academic year Certificate of enrollment
Enrollment in a course which does not allow you keep an active enrolment (e.g. PhD course, professional/specialization course, teaching training course, etc.) at least one academic year​ Certificate of enrollment
Civil or military voluntary service at least one academic year​​ ​​Appropriate documentation of civil or military service
Birth of your child Starting from 6 months and only for one academic year Certificate of pregnancy / birth
Serious illness Starting from 6 months and for all the academic years linked with the illness Medical documentation in original

During the temporary suspension for at least one academic year:

  • you are not allowed to carry out any activities related to take take any exams
  • you will lose all benefits you used to have
  • no fees are due
  • the period of suspension of studies will not be included in the period used to calculate the loss of student status

However, if you have been temporarily suspended for a period less than the acedemic year, you will need to pay:

  • 50% of the university contribution variable rate
  • the university contribution fixed rate

To request the suspension or interruption of studies, you have to fill in and send the application form  (Modulo sospensione o interruzione degli studi UniTrento) to the Students Support Service of your Department