Info in this page are valid for
Five and six year Master's degrees
UniTrento will need a picture of each student in digital format for academic and administrative purposes.
Who is asked to have the picture taken
All UniTrento students, either regular or late with their studies, or expecting to graduate (“Attesa di laurea” condition), enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor’s course
- Master’s degree course
- 5-year degree course
- 3-year and two-year degree courses referring to the old set of rules (“vecchio ordinamento”)
- PhD programmes.
Digital photography is primarily required as a personal identification during the university studies, for academic and administrative purposes and can also be used within e-learning communities of students and teachers.
It is also necessary to apply for the “free circulation pass” using the mobile app.
Upload your picture to Esse3
Uploading your picture to Esse3 will be possible from mid-August 2020.
Students enrolling for the first time at University of Trento must upload their picture to Esse3 in the enrollment application.
Students already enrolled at University of Trento, who do not yet have taken the photo, must upload it to Esse3 in Menu - Photo.
The picture must meet the following requirements:
- it must be recent, not older than a month
- face and shoulders must be in the foreground. The face must cover 70-80% of the frame and must be clearly visible: no parts have to be covered by hair, glasses with too thick frames, scarves or shade (for example if you are wearing a wide hat)
- it must be sharp and in focus
- must have good quality
- it cannot be a scan of a passport photo
- the file format must be .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .png or .pjpeg
- the file must weigh a maximum of 60 MByte.
- After uploading, the photo can no longer be deleted, but only replaced.
- If the photo does not meet these criteria, Student Support deletes it and warn you to upload a new one.
- If the photo is correct, the Student Support validates it: then, you will be no longer able to modify it.
How to see your picture
Once the picture has been taken, you will be able to see it and check if it matches your identity
- in your Esse3 personal area, after loggin in
- in your "MyUnitn" area, activating the widget "Foto studente" (in order to activate this widget, please refer to the "Help and info page" in MyUnitn).
Your picture could be seen in other UniTrento systems and online services, according to the access and personal data processing regulations.