Info in this page are valid for

Academic year



Five and six year Master's degrees

Master's degrees

UniTrento will need a picture of each student in digital format for academic and administrative purposes.

The valid personal picture is necessary in order to take exams.

Standard photo requirements

The picture must meet the following requirements:

  • it must be recent, not older than a month
  • it must have a white or light and uniform background
  • face and shoulders must be in the foreground. The face must cover 70-80% of the frame and must be clearly visible: no parts have to be covered by hair, glasses with too thick frames, scarves or shade (for example if you are wearing a wide hat)
  • it must be sharp and in focus
  • must have good quality
  • it cannot be a scan of a passport photo
  • the file format must be .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .png or .pjpeg
  • the file must weigh a maximum of 60 MByte.

The photo must have the same features as those required by the ICAO picture standard.

Upload your picture to Esse3 ad validate it

If you do not yet have uploaded the picture, you have to upload in Esse3 your personal digital passport picture by choosing Esse3 - Menu - Home - Photo.

If you have uploaded the picture, but it has not yet been validated by UniTrento Staff, you have to validate the picture with UniTrento staff and with a personal identity document at the online "Students Photo” desk or at the "Students Photo" desk set in some Departments (booking is not needed).

"Students Photo" online desk
on Zoom
from 14 November to 2 December 2022, opening hours: Tuesdays from 14:00 to 17:00 and Wednesdays from 9:00 to 13:00

"Students Photo" desk - in Trento
from 14 November to 2 December 2022
opening hours: Tuesdays from 14:00 to 17:00 and Wednesdays from 9:00 to 13:00
at the Department of Humanities
via Tommaso Gar 14

"Students Photo" desk - in Povo
15 December 2022, 12 and 19 January 2023
opening hours: Thurdays from 14:30 to 17:30
at Povo 1
via Sommarive 5

Go to: Esse3 - Private area

How to check if your picture is validated

Once the picture has been validated by UniTrento Staff, you will be able to see it in the following digital platforms:

  • in the UniTrentoApp your picture is your profile picture and the Student eCard is active (if you are enroled in a study course that allows you to have the Student eCard)

  • in the widget "Foto studenti" on MyUnitn website

Your picture can be seen in other UniTrento systems and online services, such as in Esse3 or in the elearning communities (Moodle), according to the access and personal data processing regulations.