Info in this page are valid for
Five and six year Master's degrees
UniTrento will need a picture of each student in digital format for academic and administrative purposes.
Who is asked to have the picture
All UniTrento students enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, 5-year and 6-year degree course
- courses referring to the old set of rules (“laurea, laurea specialistica e laurea quadriennale vecchio ordinamento”)
- PhD programmes
- Post-Bachelor and Post Master Professional master courses
- international exchange programmes Erasmus+ and Bilateral Agreement.
Digital picture is primarily required as a personal identification during the university studies, for academic and administrative purposes and is needed for the following reasons:
- to have the Student eCard, the digital student identification card of the University of Trento that will be released in the coming weeks within the UniTrento App
- for those who have subscribed to the "Free circulation pass" through the OpenMove app
- in order to register for exams starting from the next winter exam session (indicatively from January 2022).
Upload your picture to Esse3 ad validate it
If you are enrolling for the first time at University of Trento, you must upload your picture to Esse3 in the enrollment application.
If you are already enrolled at University of Trento, and do not yet have uploaded the picture, you have to perform the following steps:
- upload in Esse3 your personal digital passport picture by choosing Esse3 - Menu - Home - Photo
- book an appointment at the online desk "Students Photo” to validate the picture with UniTrento staff and with a personal identity document.
If you are already enrolled at University of Trento and have uploaded the picture, but it has not yet been validated by UniTrento Staff, you have to book an appointment at the online desk "Students Photo” to validate the picture with UniTrento staff and with a personal identity document.
The picture must meet the following requirements:
- it must be recent, not older than a month
- face and shoulders must be in the foreground. The face must cover 70-80% of the frame and must be clearly visible: no parts have to be covered by hair, glasses with too thick frames, scarves or shade (for example if you are wearing a wide hat)
- it must be sharp and in focus
- must have good quality
- it cannot be a scan of a passport photo
- the file format must be .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .png or .pjpeg
- the file must weigh a maximum of 60 MByte.
- After uploading, the photo can no longer be deleted, but only replaced.
- If the photo does not meet these criteria, Student Support deletes it and warn you to upload a new one.
- If the photo is correct, the Student Support validates it: then, you will be no longer able to modify it.
How to check if your picture is validated
Once the picture has been validated by UniTrento Staff, you will be able to see it in the following digital platforms:
Your picture can be seen in other UniTrento systems and online services, such as in Esse3 or in the elearning communities (Moodle), according to the access and personal data processing regulations.