Info in this page are valid for
Integrated Master's degrees
"Free circulation" is the yearlypass with a special rate for public transport for students and phd students of the University of Trento.
Who can benefit from this service
You can benefit from this service if you are enrolled at the University of Trento as:
- Bachelor student
- Master student
- 4 year’s Master student (laurea quadriennale)
- PhD student
- Post-Bachelor/post-Master Professional Master student
- International Exchange student
- Inter-university degree course (for students provided with UniTrento services' access).
You cannot benefit from this service, if you:
- have a work contract engaging you more than 20 hours/week
- are expecting to graduate (“Attesa di laurea” condition) and you have not renewed the enrollment for a.y. 2019/2020.
In these cases you will be asked to pay for the normal pass.
PhD students who, after completion of the legal duration of their programme (end of the third year), are in the postponement period or waiting for the final examination, can continue to benefit of reduced fees for subscription to the municipal public means of transportation (the reduced fee is the same as for the administrative staff): for more information and contacts see page Opportunities for PhD students > Means of transport.
Please note that if you benefit from the free circulation pass for the a.y. 2019-2020, which is a service provided by the University of Trento, you can not ask for the refund of the tuition fees for the current a.y. you have paid in any case.
Pass validity and facilities
The yearly pass can be activated starting from 1st September 2019 and will be valid until 31st August 2020.
Please remember to validate the Pass every time you use the public transport. “Free circulation pass” applies in the following conditions:
- free travels on any public means of transport (bus, train, cable car, coach) within Trento province
- free travels on “Trentino Trasporti esercizio spa” routes and coaches, even if going outside Trento province (e.g. line Fiera Feltre)
- partially free travels on trains where the destination or the departure is outside Trento province (ex. Trento-Bassano del Grappa or Verona-Trento). In this case you do not have to pay the route that runs within the Trento province (ex. Trento-Primolano o Trento Borghetto/Ala), but you have to to buy the ticket or the pass for the route that runs outside the Trento province (ex. Primolano-Bassano o Borghetto/Ala -Verona), since it’s not covered by the free circulation pass. Please remember to validate the ticket/pass according to the procedure explained on the paragraph Routes outside Trento province: how to validate the pass and integrate it.
“Free circulation pass” applies to:
- all Trentino trasporti esercizio SpA means of transport and routes
- Trento-Malè railway
- Valsugana railway between Trento and Primolano
- Brennero railway between Borghetto and Mezzocorona/Ora (please notice that Ora station can be used only as a stopover for travels to either Val di Fiemme or to Val di Fassa. You are not allowed to get in nor to get off at: Salorno, Magrè/Cortaccia and Egna)
- Trento-Sardagna cable car.
The trains FA (“Frecciargento”), EC (EuroCity), IC (InterCity) and “Espressi” are not included in the service.
How to apply for the “free circulation pass”
1. Enrolment or enrolment renewal
First, make sure you are regularly enrolled at the a.y. 2019/2020.
2. Fill in the “Free circulation” application
Fill in the “Free circulation” application.
Choose the yearly-pass type
- the OpenMove smartphone app (available for Android, iPhone, and web browsers for other operating systems),
- the Trentino Trasporti smartcard, available if you cannot or you don’t want to use the mobile app (fixed cost: 4,00 Euro).
Once you have submitted the application and chosen the pass type, you can not change it for 2019/20 (ex. change from the App to the Smartcard or viceversa).
After completing the application procedure, you have to pay the 50,00 Euro fee, according to the instructions provided in the online procedure.
The contribution is compulsory for all students, included those who are fees waived
4. Activate your subscription
Within a few days you'll receive an email to your student webmail (...@studenti.unitn.it) with further instructions about the pass activation. In case you do not receive this e-mail please contact email@example.com:
If you chose the mobile App OpenMove, you can activate it directly on your smartphone. If you face any problems/doubts you can refer to the OpenMove guide.
If you chose the smartcard of Trentino Trasporti just follow the instructions sent by e-mail: you will have to go to the bus station with a picture (passport size), pay 4,00 euros and wait up to 10 days to collect your smartcard. For any doubts please contact Trentino Trasporti Customer Service.
Routes outside Trento province: how to validate the pass and integrate it
If the departure or the final destination is outside Trento province (ex.Trento - Bassano del Grappa or Trento - Verona), you have to buy the ticket or the pass for the route not covered by the “Free circulation pass”.
You have to validate the pass according to the following rules.
- If you chose the Trentino Trasporti Smartcard, you have to get off the train the first/last available station on the Trento province and validate your pass with the ticket validator.
- If you chose the OpenMove App: you can validate the pass with the specific code of the first/last available station on the Trento province (Primolano, Borghetto, Ala). In order to validate the pass, the train has to stop in one of these stations. Example of a travel Verona-Trento:
- if you are on a regional train you can validate the pass at the Borghetto station (adding the code of the station) and you have to buy the ticket from Verona to Borghetto.
- if you are on a fast regional train (“regionale veloce”), the first available station is Ala. Then you have to buy the ticket from Verona to Ala.