Info in this page are valid for
Starting from the end of August 2019, if you are regularly enrolled in a degree course, PhD, or professional master (a.y. 2019/20), you can use the public transport within Trento province at a reduced cost.
Who can benefit from this service
You can benefit from this service if you are enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor’s/five-year degree course
- Master’s degree course
- Degree course referring to the set of rules before Bologna-process University reform
- PhD course
- Post-Bachelor/post-Master Professional Master course
- International Incoming students
- Inter-university degree course (for students provided with UniTrento services' access).
You cannot benefit from this service (and you will continue to pay for the usual pass), if you:
- are expecting to graduate (“Attesa di laurea” condition) and you have not renewed the enrollment for a.y. 2019/2020
- have a work contract engaging you more than 20 hours/week.
PhD students who, after completion of the legal duration of their programme (end of the third year) are in the postponement period or waiting for the final examination, can continue to benefit of reduced fees for subscription to the municipal public means of transportation (the reduced fee is the same as for the administrative staff): for more information and contacts see page Opportunities for PhD students > Means of transport.
Pass validity and facilities
“Free circulation pass” applies in the following conditions:
- Travels on any public mean of transport (bus, train, cable car, coach) within Trento province
- Travels on “Trentino Trasporti esercizio spa” routes and coaches, even if going outside Trento province (e.g. line Fiera Feltre)
- Travels by train. If the departure or the destination is outside Trento province (e.g. Trento-Bassano) only for the segment inside Trento province (e.g. Trento-Primolano). For the segment outside Trento province, you will have to buy a Trenitalia pass/ticket (e.g. Primolano – Bassano).
“Free circulation pass” applies to:
- All Trentino trasporti esercizio SpA means of transport and routes
- Trento-Malè railway
- Valsugana railway between Trento and Primolano
- Brennero railway between Borghetto and Mezzocorona/Ora (please notice that Ora station can be used only as a stopover for travels to either Val di Fiemme or to Val di Fassa. You are not allowed to hop in nor to hop off at: Salorno, Magrè/Cortaccia and Egna)
- Trento-Sardagna cable car.
The trains ES (EuroStar), EC (EuroCity), IC (InterCity) and “Espressi” are not included in the service.
The yearly pass can be activated starting from 1st September 2019 and will be valid until 31st August 2020 regardless the date of real activation.
How to apply for the “free circulation pass”
You can apply for the “Free Circulation Pass” from the end of August 2019 and use it as from the 1st September 2020.
In order to apply, please complete the following steps.
1. Enrolment or enrolment renewal
First, make sure you are regularly enrolled at a.a. 2019/2020.
2. Fill in the application form and choose the yearly-pass type
Inside the application you have to choose the type of subscription you want to use:
- The OpenMove smartphone app (available for Android, iPhone, and web browsers for other operating systems), the fastest and most cost-effective solution
- The Trentino Trasporti smartcard, available if you cannot or you don’t want to use the mobile app.
Once you have completed your request, you will not be able to change the yearly-pass type for 2019/20.
After completing the application procedure, you can pay the 50,00 Euro fee, according to the instructions provided in the online procedure.
The contribution is compulsory for all students, included those with fee waiver.
4. Activate your subscription
Within a few days you'll receive an email to your UNITN address to inform you that you can activate your yearly pass and how to do it with regard to the type of pass you have chosen (Smartphone App or smartcard). If you do not receive this e-mail you can write an email to email@example.com .
- If you chose the mobile App OpenMove, you can fill in the procedure directly on your smartphone without further delays. If you face any problems/doubts you can use the OpenMove guide..
- If you chose the smartcard of Trentino Trasporti just follow the instructions sent by e-mail: you will have to go to the bus station with a picture (passport size), pay 4,00 euros and wait up to 10 days to collect your smartcard. For any doubts please contact Trentino Trasporti Customer Service.