Info in this page are valid for
Starting from 1st September 2017, if you are regularly enrolled in a degree course, PhD, or professional master (a.y. 2017/2018), you can use the public transport within Trento province at a reduced cost.
Who can benefit from this service
You can benefit from this service if you are enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor’s/five-year degree course
- Master’s degree course
- Degree course referring to the set of rules before Bologna-process University reform
- PhD course
- Post-Bachelor/post-Master Professional Master course
- Inter-university degree course
You cannot benefit from this service (and you will continue to pay for the usual pass), if you:
- are expecting to graduate (“Attesa di laurea” condition) and you have not renewed the enrollment for a.y. 2017-18
- have a work contract engaging you more than 20 hours/week.
PhD students who, after completion of the legal duration of their programme (end of the third year) are in the postponement period or waiting for the final examination, can continue to benefit of reduced fees for subscription to the municipal public means of transportation (the reduced fee is the same as for the administrative staff): for more information and contacts see page Opportunities for PhD students > Means of transport.
Pass validity and facilities
“Free circulation pass” applies in the following conditions:
- Travels on any public mean of transport (bus, train, cable car, coach) within Trento province
- Travels on “Trentino Trasporti esercizio spa” routes and coaches, even if going outside Trento province (e.g. line Fiera Feltre)
- Travels by train. If the departure or the destination is outside Trento province (e.g. Trento-Bassano) only for the segment inside Trento province (e.g. Trento-Primolano). For the segment outside Trento province, you will have to buy a Trenitalia pass/ticket (e.g. Primolano – Bassano).
“Free circulation pass” applies to:
- All Trentino trasporti esercizio SpA means of transport and routes
- Trento-Malè railway
- Valsugana railway between Trento and Primolano
- Brennero railway between Borghetto and Mezzocorona/Ora (please notice that Ora station can be used only as a stopover for travels to either Val di Fiemme or to Val di Fassa. You are not allowed to hop in nor to hop off at: Salorno, Magrè/Cortaccia and Egna)
- Trento-Sardagna cable car.
The trains ES (EuroStar), EC (EuroCity), IC (InterCity) and “Espressi” are not included in the service.
The yearly pass can be activated starting from 1st September 2017 and will be valid until 31st August 2018 regardless the date of real activation.
How to apply for the “free circulation pass”
You can apply for the “Free Circulation Pass” starting from 21st August 2017 and use it as from the 1st September .
In order to apply, please complete the following steps.
1. Enrolment or enrolment renewal
First, make sure you are regularly enrolled at a.a. 2017-18.
PhD students will be able to buy the free circulation pass only after renewing the registration by paying the relevant MAV, which will be available following the admission decision to the following year by the Doctoral Committee, which will take place between the end of October and the end of November: more details at Opportunities for PhD students > Means of transport page.
2. Fill in the application form and choose the yearly-pass type
Inside the application you have to choose the type of subscription you want to use:
- The OpenMove smartphone app (available for Android, iPhone, and web browsers for other operating systems), the fastest and most cost-effective solution
- The Trentino Trasporti smartcard, available if you cannot or you don’t want to use the mobile app.
Once you have completed your request, you will not be able to change the yearly-pass type for 2017-18.
After completing the application procedure, an e-mail sent to your Unitn webmail will confirm that your application has been received and that the 50,00 euro MAV can be downloaded from your Esse3 personal area (select "Administrative office" from the menu on the left and then select "Payment").
Details about how to pay the 50,00 euros are reported on the MAV: basically, payment can be made online on this website https://pagofacile.popso.it/web/guest/home or at any bank or ATM.
The contribution is compulsory for all students, included those with fee waiver.
4. Activate your subscription
Within a few days you'll receive an email to your UNITN address to inform you that you can activate your yearly pass and how to do it with regard to the type of pass you have chosen (Smartphone App or smartcard). If you do not receive this e-mail you can contact the toll-free number 800390270.
- If you chose the mobile App OpenMove, you can fill in the procedure directly on your smartphone without further delays. If you face any problems/doubts you can use the OpenMove guide or ask directly the OpenMove Support.
- If you chose the smartcard of Trentino Trasporti just follow the instructions sent by e-mail: you will have to go to the bus station with a picture (passport size), pay 4,00 euros and wait up to 10 days to collect your smartcard. For any doubts please contact Trentino Trasporti Customer Service.
Actual passes expiring before or after 31st August 2017
If you want to benefit from the “free circulation pass” starting from 1st September 2017, but your actual pass has already expired, in order to be covered until the activation of the new pass you can decide either to:
- Buy a monthly pass (euros 26,50/month for in-town transportation)
- Or to charge you smart card with the money you are supposed to use to cover the period until 31st August.
Previous students' pass refund
If your previous university student pass expires after 31st august 2017, you can ask to be refunded for the period amount overlapping with the “free circulation pass 2017-18”.
In order to request a refund, please fill in the form at http://www.ttesercizio.it/Dialoga by 30 November 2017.
You do not need to return the card you own.