Info in this page are valid for
Starting from academic year 2017/2018 for all EU citizens there is a new contribution system for calculating tuition fees and students benefits. The new system is based on “ISEE università”, that is to say the Equivalent Economic Condition Indicator, referred to university. The fee amounts you will have to pay depends on this indicator, which is expressed in euros on a declaration (“Dichiarazione Sostitutiva Unica per l’ISEE università”) issued by any Fiscal Assistance Centre (“CAAF”) in Italy.
On this page you can see the main differences from the past and the fee amounts for a.y. 2017/2018 according to the different "ISEE università" values.
The new contribution system and "ISEE università"
If you enroll in UniTrento for the first time, or renew your enrollment for a.y. 2017/2018, the fee amount that you will have to pay is subject to “ISEE università”, that is to say the Equivalent Economic Condition Indicator, referred to university.
See how and when to calculate “ISEE università” for a.y. 2017/2018 on pages
- ISEE a.y. 2017-18: information for students resident in Italy
- ISEE a.y. 2017-18: information for students resident abroad
|"ISEE università" value||Tax and contribution
Bachelor’s and 5-year-degree courses
|Tax and contribution
|1||from 0,00 € to € 26.000,00||from € 346,00 to € 366,00 €||from € 346,00 to € 366,00 €||minimum amount|
|2||from € 26.000,01
to € 87.000,00
|from € 366,00 to € 2.384,00||from € 366,00 to € 3.345,00||
more than 87.000,00 € or the same,
|€ 2.384,00||€ 3.345,00||maximum amount|
|with scholarship and/or fee waivers
("ISEE università" value from 0,00 € to € 21.500,00)
|€ 16,00||€ 16,00|
For getting an idea of the final amount you will have to pay, use UniTrento fee simulator - Simulatore tasse UniTrento
For a detailled description of the fee amount, see the paragrah University fee composition.
UniTrento fees simulator
UniTrento fees simulator provides quite an exact estimate on how much you will have to pay for each item (revenue stamp, the study local tax, the fixed and variable contribution) for a.y. 2017/2018, according to your economic condition, study course, and your previous contribution situation in year 2016-17.
University fee composition
The total fee amount include the four following items:
- 16,00 € of revenue stamp: even if you are fee waiver
- study local tax (TDS): whose amount changes in proportion to your "ISEE università":
- 130 € if the "ISEE università"value is from 0,00 € to 15.748,78 €
- 150 € if the "ISEE università"value is from 15.748,79 € to 31.497,56 €
- 170 € if the "ISEE università"value is more than 31.497,56 € or if you did not have your "ISEE università"calculated.
No tax is due for fee waivers.
- University contribution fixed rate: 200,00 €
No fixed rate contribution is due for fee waivers.
- University contribution variable rate: this amount is calculated in proportion to "ISEE università" value referred to university and to the study course you enroll in:
- minimum amount: 0,00 € if the "ISEE università" value is less than 26.000,00 €, or the same
- maximum amount: 1.998,00 € if the "ISEE università" value is more than 26.000,00 €, or the same, or if you do not have your "ISEE università"calculated for the following courses: Bachelor’s, 5-year-degree courses, degree courses referring to the set of rules before Bologna-process University reform (“vecchio ordinamento”)
- maximum amount: 2.959,00 € if the "ISEE università" value is more than 87.000,00 € or the same, or if you do not have your "ISEE università" calculated for all Master’s degree courses
- if the "ISEE università" value is between 26.000,00 € and 87.000,00 €, the fee amount is proportionally calculated and you can get an estimate through UniTrento fees simulator (“Simulatore tasse UniTrento”).
No University contribution variable rate is due for fee waivers.
Should you decide not to have your "ISEE università" value calculated, beside the revenue stamp and the fixed rate contribution, you will have to pay the maximum amounts both for the study local tax (TDS) and for the University contribution variable rate.
The fee total amount is the result of the revenue stamp, the study local tax, the fixed and variable contribution.
Once you have your "ISEE università" value calculated for year 2017, you can get an idea of the final amount you will have to pay by using UniTrento fee simulator - Simulatore tasse UniTrento.
The cases of weighted calculation for enrolment renewal
If the fee amount for a.y. 2017/18 should be over 20% higher than the fee amount paid in 2016/17 on the basis of your ICEF, you will benefit from a “weighted calculation” for a.y. 2017/2018 if:
- you are regularly enrolled in UniTrento during a.y. 2016-17
- you have already your ICEF for a.y. 2016-17 calculated
- you have calulated the "ISEE università" (or the ISEE for students resident abroad) for the a.y. 2017-18
- you first enrolled in UniTrento
- since a.y. 2014-15 in a Bachelor’s degree course
- since a.y. 2015-16 in a Master’s degree course
- since a.y. 2012-13 in a 5-year-degree course
If you fulfill all the above mentioned requirements, your fee amount for a.y. 2017/2018 will be recalculated so that it does not exceed more than 20% the fee amount you paid for a.y. 2016/2017.
When to pay?
Fees time table
Fees are due in three instalments:
- 1st instalment: the University contribution fixed rate for all students, to be paid within 30th September 2017 (the deadline for students who are enrolling to Master's degrees is: by 7 days after the enrollment)
- 2ͣnd instalment: the 70% of the University contribution variable rate, calculated according to "ISEE università" to be paid within 30th November 2017
- 3rd instalment: the remaining 30% of the University contribution variable rate, to be paid within 31st March 2018
Changes from the past system based on ICEF
- There are no income brackets any more. Fee amounts are based on a progressive curve, taking into consideration different factors (the ISEE value referred to university, the study course, the year of first enrolment). UniTrento fees simulator provides quite an exact estimate on how much you will have to pay. Go to: UniTrento fees simulator a.y. 2017-18 - Simulatore tasse UniTrento 2017-18
In your Esse3 web area you have temporarily the third bracket ("fascia"), which corresponds to the maximum amount. Within October, 31st the economic barcket will be update according to your ISEE, so that the amount of the second installment will be updatet in time too. The ISEE value does not affected the amount of the first installment, which is the same for all the students.
- The instalments are three, instead of two: the first instalment (the same amount for all students) is to be paid in September, the second one (the most significant one) is to be paid in November, while the third one in March
- "ISEE università" and ISEE equivalent validity is one academic year only and has to be calculated every time you renew the enrolment
- You can get your "ISEE università" calculated from any Fiscal Assistance Centre (“CAAF”) in Italy - except from students resident abroad who should request an ISEE equivalent (“ISEE parificato”)
- "ISEE università" calculation can take up to 15 days. You can have your "ISEE università" calculated free of charge from 16th January to 30th September every. If you enrol after 30th September, you will have to pay a penalty.
- "ISEE università" can be calculated no later than 30th December of the following year: "ISEE università" 2017, valid for a.y. 2017/2018 can be calculated up to 30 December 2017. If you are expecting to graduate within 31st March 2018 (“attesa di laurea” condition) you must have your ISEE calculated no later than 30th December 2017 if you intend to renew your enrolment within 31st March 2018.