Info in this page are valid for

Academic year



Five-year degrees

Master's degrees


International University degrees are not automatically valid in Italy.
Universities are entitled to recognize an international University degree provided they have the same degree course with the same study courses.

You can apply for the recognition of your international University degree all year round.

An academic board within the Department involved will examine the exams you have taken and will decide whether:

  • to fully recognize your University degree and declare its equivalence to one of UniTrento’s degrees, or
  • to partially recognize your academic studies and to allow you to enrol in the same UniTrento course so that you can take only the exams you miss in order to get UniTrento degree. If you decide to enrol, you will have to follow the same procedures and deadline as students applying for “Abbreviazione di carriera” (accademic transfer credit evaluation).

Needed documents

  • Application form “Domanda di riconoscimento di titolo straniero” (University international degree recognition) with a revenue stamp. In the form please specify for which UniTrento degree course you would like to receive the equivalence.
  • High school diploma, officially translated into Italian by the competent Italian diplomatic representation and declaration of value
  • Diploma Supplement  or University degree officially translated into Italian and declaration of value
  • certificate with the list of the exams taken in order to get University degree. (Sworn translation is needed).
  • for each study course, detailed programme. (Sworn translation is needed).
  • Curriculum vitae in Europass format
  • any other information you hold as useful for the Commission for the recognition process
  • copy of an identity document, or passport
  • receipt for the payment of € 200,00

Further information in the “Nota informativa”.


In-depth websites: