Info in this page are valid for
Starting from academic year 2017/2018 for all EU citizens there is a new contribution system for calculating tuition fees and students benefits.
The new system is based on the financial situation of the student (if already financially autonomous) or of his/her household (either in or outside Italy) if the student is not economically independent.
The financial situation is expressed by one of the two following Economic Condition Indicators, according to the student’s situation:
- “ISEE università” (ISEE University value), that is to say the Equivalent Economic Condition Indicator, referred to university occurs if your permanent residence is in Italy and if your incomes - and those of the your household- come from Italy
- “ISEE parificato” (ISEE equivalent)”, if your permanent residence is outside Italy, or if your residence is in Italy but the family you depend on lives abroad (household abroad)
On this page you can see what is ISEE equivalent, when and how you can to have it calculated.
ISEE: meaning and purposes
The “ISEE” is used to assess the Household Income (combined family members income and estate ) , when social benefits are requested in Italy.
In the case of university students, a more specific indicator ("ISEE università") is used for assessing access to services and benefits (e.g. reduced fees calculation, fees waiver, campus accommodation, etc.)
If you are not eligible for the calculation of “ISEE università” value (this is the case if you are either resident abroad or if you permanently live in Italy but financially dependent on a family living outside Italy (household abroad) you have to apply for ISEE equivalent value (“ISEE parificato”) in order to access to services and benefits (if you do not calculate any ISEE parificato, you will be asked to pay the highest fee amount).
In order to apply for a scholarship and / or an accommodation for a.y.. 2017-18, please refer to the Opera Universitaria (University Guild) Call for applications 1 rules at paragraph 9 "Certification of financial condition" and in particular paragraph 9.2. “Students whose household is abroad”.
ISEE for students resident abroad: how and where
You should request an ISEE equivalent (“ISEE parificato”), which is used in cases where presenting a standard ISEE declaration is not possible.
Students should request an “ISEE parificato” if they are:
- foreign nationals resident abroad;
- Italian national resident abroad
- foreign nationals resident in Italy who are not financially independent
In order to obtain the “ISEE parificato”, please proceed as follows:
- fill in the Application for the Equivalent ISEE (Equivalent Economic Condition Indicator) 2017-18
- wait for the CAF to contact you to arrange an appointment
- at the appointment, bring with you all the required documents and the data that are listed in the following document: Equivalent ISEE Documents.
This service is free of charge for students enrolled or applicants who are going to enrol at:
- University of Trento
- Conservatorio Statale di Musica F.A. Bonporti
- Istituto Accademico per Interpreti e Traduttori di Trento (ISIT)
- Trentino Art Academy
Deadlines and Expiry Date
The validity of the ISEE equivalent value is throughout the academic year and has to be calculated every time you renew the enrolment in the University of Trento.
To obtain a reduction in your tuition fees, your ISEE must be calculated/submitted within the following deadlines:
- from 16th January to 30th September 2017
- from 1st October to 31st October 2017, with a 100,00 € penalty
- from 1st November 2017 to 30th December 2017 with a 200,00 € penalty
In order to apply for a scholarship and / or an accommodation for the a.a. 2017-18, please refer to the Opera Universitaria (University Guild) Call for applications 1 deadlines and rules (paragraph 9 "Certification of financial condition" and in particular paragraph 9.2. “Students whose household is abroad”).