Info in this page are valid for

Academic year



Five-year degrees

Master's degrees

Starting from 1st September 2017, if you are regularly enrolled in a degree course, PhD, or professional master (a.y. 2017/2018), you can use the public transport within Trento province at a reduced cost.

Who can benefit from this service

You can benefit from this service if you are enrolled in one of the following courses:

  • Bachelor’s/five-year degree course
  • Master’s degree course
  • Degree course referring to the set of rules before Bologna-process University reform
  • PhD course
  • post-Bachelor/post-Master Professional Master course

You cannot benefit from this service (and you will continue to pay for the usual pass), if you:

  • are expecting to graduate (“Attesa di laurea” condition) and you have not renewed the enrollment for a.y. 2017-18
  • are enrolled in an inter-university degree course where UniTrento is not the head office
  • have a work contract engaging you more than 20 hours/week

Pass validity and facilities

“Free circulation pass” applies in the following conditions:

  • Travels on any public mean of transport (bus, train, cable car, coach) within Trento province
  • Travels on “Trentino Trasporti esercizio spa” routes and coaches, even if going outside Trento province (e.g. line Fiera Feltre)
  • Travels by train. If the departure or the destination is outside Trento province (e.g. Trento-Bassano) only for the segment inside Trento province (e.g. Trento-Primolano)  and provided you have the App on your smartphone (see below). For the segment outside Trento province, you will have to buy a Trenitalia pass/ticket (e.g. Primolano – Bassano).

“Free circulation pass” applies to:

  • All Trentino trasporti esercizio SpA means of transport and routes
  • Trento-Malè railway
  • Valsugana railway between Trento and Primolano
  • Brennero railway between Borghetto and Mezzocorona/Ora (please notice that Ora station can be used only as a stopover for travels to either Val di Fiemme or to Val di Fassa. You are not allowed to hop in nor to hop off at: Salorno, Magrè/Cortaccia and Egna)
  • Trento-Sardagna cable car.

The trains ES (EuroStar), EC (EuroCity), IC (InterCity) and “Espressi” are not included in the service.

The yearly pass can be activated starting from 1st September 2017 and will be valid until 31st August 2018 regardless the date of real activation.


How to apply for the “free circulation pass”

08/21/2017 to 08/31/2018

You can apply for the “free circulation pass” starting from 21st August but the pass will be active not before 1st September 2017.

While applying for the pass to make sure:

  • you are regularly enrolled for a.y. 2017/18
  • you have decided whether to upload the App on your smartphone or to use the traditional smartcard
  • to pay the mandatory fee of 50,00 €
Go to: Free circulation web application form

Actual passes expiring before or after 31st August 2017

If you want to benefit from the “free circulation pass” starting from 1st September 2017, but your actual pass has already expired, in order to be covered until the activation of the new pass you can decide either to:

  • Buy a monthly pass (euros 26,50/month for in-town transportation)
  • Or to charge you smart card with the money you are supposed to use to cover the period until 31st August.

If, on the contrary, your actual pass expires after 31st August 2017, you can ask to be refunded for the period amount overlapping with the “free circulation pass”.